OKC Security Officer-Sign on Bonus
|Title:||OKC Security Officer-Sign on Bonus|
|Job Classification:||Security Officer|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Locations:||Oklahoma City, OK|
US Security Associates, Inc. currently has full and part time vacancies for armed and unarmed security officers in the OKLAHOMA CITY, OK area. The selectees will help maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees, maintain a highly visible presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, control vehicle and pedestrian traffic through secured checkpoints, monitor fire alarms and CCTV cameras, and perform other duties as assigned. The minimum qualifications for this position are: At least 18 years of age; US Citizen or authorized to work in the US; high school diploma or GED; successfully complete a comprehensive screening process which includes a drug screen and background check; have a good command of the English language (written/oral) and normal vision and hearing; possess a valid Oklahoma CLEET security officer license, and be physically capable of performing normal security officer duties. All driving posts require a valid driver's license as well as a good driving record. Prior law enforcement, security or military experience is a plus!
Sign on bonus for Applicants with a CLEET CARD and able to START right away!
The first payment of $ 100.00 will be made once the employee successfully completes the 90 day probationary period. The subsequent payments of $ 200.00 will be made upon completion of 180 days of satisfactory or above service. This signing bonus is not part of your base pay but is considered taxable income. The employee understands that the signing bonus is forfeited if the employee fails to report to work. The subsequent payments are forfeited if the employee is no longer in the position to which hired or if their performance is not satisfactory. Applicants without CLEET Card, we can assist you in getting one!
US Security Associates Inc. offers a comprehensive training program, paid vacation and benefits package for full-time employees, and opportunities for growth.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid state CLEET security officer license.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates’ values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
Position based in Field Operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
U.S. Security Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. U.S. Security Associates fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history. Click here
to learn more.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications